Monday, April 21, 2008

Menomonee falls and GDVC 2

I thought I was getting lost on the way to the race on Saturday. I figured I could go watch a few races, then go grab some lunch. The race seemed to be in the middle of no where. Luckily Kaitie got me a Qdoba Burrito. The was 1.7 mile laps flat and fast. The first 30 minutes was just constant attacking and no one going anywhere fast. Finally I was able to counter one of Chad Hartley of Jittery Joe's attacks. We got a break of 5 going, and flew up the road. Ryan White, James Stemper, Jason Landrii, Erik Meier, and myself. Ryan was barely pulling and slowed us down more then helping, but I decided it'd be better to take my chances in a break of 5 then back in the field. We opened up over a minute on the field, and with one lap to go it was sure the winner would come out of the break. Going into the Final turn it was full throttle 3 wide, seeing who would hit there brakes first. James braked first, and I found myself in a perfect 2nd place spot with 300 meters to go on Ryan Whites wheel. I shot ahead of Ryan with 150 meters to go. Taking my 2nd Pro race of the year by a few bike lengths.



Gdvc #2

I was hoping this race would be a little easier after a hard race the day before. This wasn't the case when I found myself in a 11 man break, with 4 Iscorp riders and both white brothers. No one seemed content with the large break and attacks went one after the other. I found myself caught out with a small break up the road of 3 riders with One white brother, an Iscorp and James Stemper of Trocadaro. I pulled for a lap and a half at 450 watts, and the gap was down to 20 meters. Luckily Jordan Rossiegn of Iscorp thought it would be a good time to try and drop me from the break so he attacked, I caught on to the back of the break, and he finished the job of bringing everything together again. We lapped the field for the 2nd week in a row, same as last week Great Dane took control of the front of the field for the last 10 laps of the race. I was to far back on the last lap, I tried to compensate by going up the gutter passing 5 guys ending up 5th wheel going into the last corner. To far back, I couldn't make up the ground for the win. I ended up with a 3rd place.



I leave for the Tour of St Louis on Friday, I don't know much about it, but with good form I'm hoping for some good results. Then Monday I fly to Europe for 2 and a half months of hard racing.