Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Euro Race #1


What was supposed to be a 30 minute drive to the race today. Turned into a 2 hour traffic jam. We made it to the race with 30 minutes before the start. We did 17 6.8k laps. We got underway, with some non stop attacking. I had some good attacks, but I missed the move of 12 guys who pretty much just rode away and got a big lead. We never saw them again. Another move of 8 guys got up the road a few laps later. I saw my shot at a good result starting to ride up the road. I went with everything and got in a 10 rider break we started to catch the 8 rider group. When we were within 10 seconds of them, 2 riders from the same team attacked splitting the group in half. I made the front part of the group, and we flew across the gap. forming a 13 rider group. Only 6 or 7 of us were pulling so after a few laps people got frustrated and started attacking I was hanging on them okay until about the 3 lap to go mark. I got dropped and was giving the red flag and told to get off the road. I ended up 21st.

My best finish last year in a race was 19th. So I hope within a week after I get used to the bike and get rid of this jet lag. I'll be able to get a top 10.

No comments: