Monday, April 14, 2008

Great Dane #1

It was a pretty chilly day in the low 40s. The race started with some typical attacking. I got in a break of 10ish people. I launched an attack from that group and brought 4 other riders with me. We quickly build a 30 second lead. With 2 Iscorp 1 Great Dane and a Trocadaro rider. All the teams with multiple riders were in the move. We quickly lapped the field at the 35 minute mark. Great Dane and Iscorp set up there lead out trains. Last lap I setup on the back of the Iscorp train. The Trocadaro rider in the break launched 150 meters before the final turn. He got a 40 meter gap. Leaving the Iscorp lead out in shambles. I launched my sprint right before the final corner with perfect timing for the field sprint. I flew up on the trocadaro rider, but a little to late I finished at his back wheel.

I'm not to worried about not winning. I got a good hard ride in on Saturday which left me a pretty flat for the race. I'm looking to get a 120 mile ride in Tuesday, and some good intervals later in the week. I'm going to take some recovery days before the double header this weekend. and give it my all for another win.

No comments: