Monday, May 12, 2008

Tour of Haut Anjou

Stage 1

180ks It blew apart with 70ks to go there was a lead group of 12 another group of 12 a group of 6 then a group of 5 which I was in then the peleton of 40 or 50 behind. My group caught the group of 6 then we caught the group of 12 in the finishing circuits. I got popped on a climb 2ks from the finish I lost 1:25 to the front group. Better then 10 minutes back in the field though.

Stage 2

We had a 15k TT in the morning and a 100k road stage in the after noon. I just put it in a big gear and powered over the rolling windy course. My time 19 minutes and 22 seconds 1 minute 17 seconds behind the leader good enough for 31st on the day.

Stage 3

Was pretty easy for me a group of 5 got off the front and Rabobank rode tempo on the front all day. Everything came back together in the circuits. I finished 40th in the bunch, saving everything for the final stage.

Stage 4

The hardest day by far. I got food poisoning the night before and was throwing up all night, by far the most miserable night of my life. I've never been that sick before. Finally after 36 hours I was able to keep some food down. I feel 100% better then I did, but I'm not fully back to normal. Maybe in another day or two.

3 comments:

DIHAF? said...

It is just amazing how often the food service industry in Europe gives people food poisoning. It seems like every year teams get decimated, even during the grand tours and nothing ever seems to change.

Matt Brandt said...

Damn that lobster, shrimp salad.

Leibo said...

Beast.