Saturday, May 3, 2008

Cobbles/a uci 1.12 in France

Todays race was looking to be really fast with a mostly flat course of 14 laps of 11ks. 150 riders on the start list. We had a 9 man squad. I followed some early moves, but I pretty much just sat in for the first 100ks. With 5 and a half laps to go. I followed a move and got in a 7 man chase group. We chased the 15 leaders for over 40ks we kept them in sight. We even had the gap down to less then 15 at one point, but we never caught on. With 1 lap to go a huge Belgium guy attacked and I caught his back wheel. I looked back and Austin Carrol was with us. So we had 2 USA with one Belgium. We rolled it super hard the last lap. We didn't catch the group in front of us, but we also didn't get caught by the peleton. There were 15-17 guys in the lead group so I slotted in around 18th.

After the race we were 10ks from the arenburg forest. So 4 of us rode there after the race and road the 2.5k section of cobbles it was amazingly cool. I have a new respect for anyone that finishes Paris Roubaix.






2 comments:

drbll said...

Nice! Those cobbles look amazingly rough. Good place for my Epic.

Logan VB said...

Awesome!

ride faster