Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Climbing races/ tour of flanders training ride


2 races in the Ardiennes = 2 dnf's I learned a lot about climbing though. The first race we did wasn't so hard I just wasn't mentally prepared for it. We hit some 5 k climbs and I was out the back and in the van at the feed zone after 70ks.

The 2nd race we did most of the roads were exactly the same as the race we did earlier in the week. I was in a good position after 50ks. I was riding a bout 40th place when we made a left turn into a 5 long climb. One of my teammates 2 riders in front of me got wobbly then crashed, he said some big guy took him out. bummer. Myself and another teammate ended up with the bad end of the deal, I had 3 guys on top of me and he got a broken bike. The first 30 guys put the hammer down, and with it being a 6 foot wide road the people behind the crash couldn't get through, and we didn't get up for a good 2 minutes. The race was over for us.

I did a 6 and a half hour training ride with a few guys on the Tour of Flanders loop. It was a really good ride with lots of attacking, cobble sections, steep climbs, and even a bakery.

No comments: