Monday, June 9, 2008

Back to it.

I have had bronchitus, and haven't raced in a while. Yesterday was my first day back and it was a tough one 115 miles. There were a lot of short but steep climbs in the first 30 miles. I stayed near the front all day just sitting in. Once we got to the finishing circuits, 5 laps of 10 miles with a hard 2 mile cobble section. There was a foot wide bike path on the left hand side, so everyone sat single file on that. The only problem was you couldn't see if there was anyone opening gaps in front of you. A few times I got caught out and ended up in a chase group. We always caught back on though. It was a good race though, I felt good in the end and got about 10th in the field sprint. I found the results on cycling news today. Lotta guys were off the front of the peleton. I finished 42nd, still respectable spot with 200 starters.

No comments: